Friday 3 July 2015

The importance of us time...

Having not typed a post in quite a while I fancied writing one today but I didn't want to do a review of a product or talk about anything in particular so this post is going to be a little chatty musing about our recent little holiday and the importance of just leaving the daily grind behind every now and then and experiencing something new...

Since getting married everything changed and I've considered writing a post about surviving marriage for newlyweds because I sure wish I'd read the handbook before I experienced the tears and tantrums myself but here we are a year on and things are looking up, life is getting easier and I may put together another post about surviving the first year of marriage for now this is just a ramble about the benefits of R and R.

Sometimes life stops being fun and just becomes a bit of a chore, everyday turns into the same monotonous repeated routine of waking up and going to work, coming home and having a meltdown from the stresses of work, then dragging yourself to bed only to wake yourself up again 6 hours later just to go back to work again.  Well for us, having not had a break since our honeymoon which was a year ago, this routine had just become too much!

Cue the beautiful views you see below courtesy of Tenerife.  A good dose of vitamin D and a few days free from the everyday worries of life is just what we needed and we've come back feeling fresh, and ready to tackle life again with a new perspective on what had become a dull and boring life.

I've recently come to realise I'm Gluten intolerant and where adjusting to the big changes in food at home where everything is familiar was hard enough, doing so on holiday was a bit of a nightmare.  i would recommend contacting your hotel resort first or even just doing a bit of good old googling on the location and their dietary facilities.  Luckily for me I work with somebody who lived in Tenerife for two years and so she had already educated me on the local supermarkets and said I would be able to find all I needed at a place called Mercadona, a supermarket owned by somebody who's children are all gluten intolerant which meant he stocked absolutely everything I could need or want.

Now that we are home we can't wait to book the next holiday!

Any recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment