Tuesday 18 November 2014

Cheap as chips but oh so good...





Those of you that follow my Instagram account will know that this time last week me and my husband took our first holiday together to Marrakech.  The instant that holiday was booked I felt the urgency to revamp my makeup wardrobe.  I didn't want to pick up anything expensive as this trip was going to be all about taking in the sights and enjoying the sun with my man, not spending hours in front of the mirror.  However I am still a makeup junkie and I wasn't going to spend 5 days out there without any makeup at all so I had a quick snoop around in my stash and identified the obvious gaps in my collection.
Being a very dry-skinned girl I've never really felt the need to powder my face or set my foundation, it tends to stick around all day regardless however seeing as we were going to a fairly hot country I figured a powder may be quite useful.  Enter my first cheap as chips companion, the MUA Pro-Base prime and conceal powder.  At first I assumed I would just pick up the Rimmel pressed powder that everybody seems to rave about however the colours of this little baked powder, aimed at complexion correction, really intrigued me.  After swatching this on my hand I was sold instantly! It not only matches my complexion perfectly and evens the tone but gives me an almost undetectable glow which doesn't look like its been applied, just that its coming from within! It's amazing and priced at just £4 a total bargain! Go out and have a play with this if you're near a Superdrug store, you will NOT be disappointed.
Now aside from my obvious need for a setting powder I felt the need for a simple little palette.  One with mattes and shimmers, nudes, beiges, pinks and smokey browns and this little palette from I Heart Makeup London called #Selfie fits that description pretty well.  This was a brand I'd never heard of before venturing into my local Superdrug store.  They have a pretty basic range which consists mainly of eyeshadow palettes so I gave them a swatch and was very impressed.  No matter the formula each colour transfers beautifully onto the skin and lasts a whole day of shopping, eating and sunbathing without any difficulties.  It has enough of a colour range to satisfy all occasions be it a simple day look or more vampy evening look.  This was a total bargain at £4.99 and I figured if this got lost, stolen or broken in transit I really wouldn't worry as much as I would have taking my Urban Decay Naked palette along.
For drugtore products you can't really go wrong with these two products and I'm intrigued now to try out some other cheap but cheerful drugstore finds.  Any suggestions anybody?








No comments:

Post a Comment