Here are some healthy pancake recipes and ideas for those that love their pancakes but dont love the extra calories.
This basic pancake batter makes 10 pancakes and if that's not enough to feed the family just double it for 20!
Nutritional Info based on each individual pancake...
What you'll need...
- 4oz/112g Plain Flour
- 2 Med Eggs
- 7fl oz/210 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 3fl oz/90 ml Water
- 20 sprays low calorie Olive Oil Spray
And here's how you make them...
- Combine the milk and water
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
- Begin whisking the eggs incorporating flour as you do so.
- Gradually add the milk and water mixture, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
- While the pan is heating, measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle ready for making your first pancake.
- Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
- Spray pan with 2 sprays of oil per pancake.
- Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
- Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter has solidified, then with a pan slice, turn the pancake over.
- Cook the second side for few seconds.
- Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm* whilst you make remaining pancakes.
And now for some healthier filling ideas...
- Caramelise some apples in a little bit of honey and add cinnamon for taste, serve with Frozen yoghurt.
- Add a twist to the classic lemon and sugar but substitute the sugar for sweetener or honey.
- Add lots of fresh berries such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries with some low fat ice cream.
- Add some smoked salmon and chives to low fat cream cheese.
- Chop some avocado, which is full of healthy fats for skin hair and nails, tomatoes and add a touch of herbs and vinegar to make a quick and healthy salsa.
- stir fry some bell pepper, red onions and chicken strips and add some spices for lovely fajita style pancakes.
Personally I think you can't beat a good old lemon and sugar pancake! Can't wait for Tuesday (21st Feb).
Happy Pancake flipping everybody, do you guys have any healthy pancake recipes to share?
ciao for now world!